Monday, November 19, 2007

Rivalry Week head start

This is where we start the discussion for the coming week. I like the following picks, but maybe not enough to play them just yet. We'll look more in depth as the week progresses. For now, you guys load up the comments with your opinions!


USC @ AZ St +3.5 Especially in Tempe, I just don't see how USC wins this game. Too green.

TX -5.5 @ A&M Earlier in the year, I thought this would be the only game the Aggies could win in November. As the season progressed, and Colt McCoy refused to start sucking as bad as I thought he would, and Fran found a way to suck even more than I thought he could, I just can't take the Aggies here. Texas is a much better team this year than last, and the Ags are at best the same, but most likely worse. Make room for Tubberville and $4 mil/season!

BoiseSt +4 @ Hawaii I have been looking forward to this matchup all season, and I've been saying that even with Colt Brennan in there the Warriors couldn't beat the Broncos. Now with Colt being concussed, I don't think the outlook is better for them. Note to Moms: naming your kid Colt is a guarantee of a concussion for him on a nationally televised college football game. (See also McCoy, Colt).

Mizzou @ Kansas -2 I believe in coach Mangiant!

UConn +17 @ Wvu I deeply loathe the Huskies cheating football team, but I have little confidence in the Mountaineers to win this game by more than 10.

Miami @ BC -14.5 I could be talked out of this one, but really, Miami is GAR- BIJJ.

UGA -3.5 @ GaTech This line is this low because it's a rivalry game, but the Dawgs are the 2nd hottest team in all of America (Kansas) with the 2nd best player in the sport (Tebow).

Oregon -2 @ UCLA Even sans-Dennis, UCLA can't keep up with the Ducks.

FSU @ Fla -13.5 Fsu just isn't so good, and Florida is. The spread is big though.

Clemson -3 @ SoCar I do like Spurrier (I do!) but Clemson is too much for them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take USC, TX, Hawaii, Kansas, BC, UGA, Georgia, Oregon, FL & So Car. I didn't pick on the UCONN v. WVU b/c I don't follow them.

Japsican said...

Kansas is the dreaded #2. They also moved the game from home to Arrowhead. Missouri wins this one.

WVU playing for an outside shot at title game, and for probable shot at BCS. They roll.

BSU a good play (the only one on this thread), unless they get leid too much and have their strength sapped. What is O/U for this game, 150?

Bad bull to put money on t.u. Jesus. I hope this site goes oh-fer this week because of that.

Down with Fran.
Down with Norv.

Priapism Pickem Party said...

Easy there Japsican. These are just picks, no one said ANYthing about money, sir.

Clemson is also a good play. and UGA. in fact, everyone take those two picks and make em a parlay. if it misses i'll buy all our readers a tempura burrito at the Japsican's restaraunt of choice.

Anonymous said...

Somebody hurry up and offer Fran a 30 year extension he's about to beat texas. OMG OMG Fran is the best coach ever, I want to have his children

Japsican said...

Well, you didn't go 0-fer, but close enough to make me happy. Never bet on t.u., turncoat.