Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bandwagon Betting in the Pros

Much like the lemming post for the college set, here we'll take a quick look at the NFL action. Only 13 games, and just over half of them are stunningly close to 50/50 in the minds of the masses. The remaining 6 matchups have over 60% of the action leaning one way. Let's look in.

CLE -3 @ STL 65% of the action says the winless Rams don't get within 3. I personally think the Rams win this one outright.

IND -6.5 @ CAR This is a really, really big number. 82% of you call the linesmakers crazy, saying one TD is not enough of a handicap to stop the Peyton Monster.

NYG -9.5 @ MIA This one's in London, and the Phins' problems are well documented. A team as inconsistent as the Giants makes me leery of a line that big, but 68% of you think I'm a vag.

PIT -3.5 @ CIN The Bungles are back, and 61% of you side with Steeley McBeam and his creepy gayness.

HOU +9.5 @ SD What smoke? Finally the bandwagon rolls for a home team, the only one this week to get such overwhelming support! 63% for the Bolts.

NO -2 @ SF I must say, I strongly agree with the 64% of you that are playing the Saints this week.

Now that the Lopsiders have been noted, let me sneak in my NFL picks. My season loss rate is staggering so far, so I'll shove these in at the bottom of this post, and maybe no one will notice.

Rams +3
Indy -6.5
Vikings +1
Pitt -3.5
Bucs -3.5
Saints -2

So now you know who to bet on; opposite me is the path to glory!

No comments: