Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday Night CFB: Get behind before the weekend starts!

Ahh, it's Thursday night again, isn't it? Time for home dogs to consistently cover once again while I bet on the statistical favorite. It's a good thing the home team is favored, otherwise I could be sure of a 0-8 Thursday night record tonight.

Towelie's pick of the night: Boston College +3 @ Virginia Tech
Towelie's lock pick of the night: Doritos Over/Under 50 chips @ my mouth.

When I first saw the VTech-BC line, my mouth literally opened wide enough to stick my foot inside, which will most likely happen when I lose and you profit from my horrible analysis.

Quality wins have been scarce for both teams, but BC's toughest opponent has been Georgia Tech... seriously. Notre Dame also put up quite a fight. VTech lost to LSU in a spectacular display of suckiness that rivals Mark Mangino when he inhales his post-game rack of ribs.

The public factor also has to be taken into account... Let's hear it - this is a Trap Game! The public is going to jump on a No. 2 ranked team being given 3 points , proving profitable for us sleeper VTech bettors.

As for the Doritos, put your mortgage on it.

2 comments:

Japsican said...

This is the only NCAA football game that I like for the weekend.
The only caviat being that BC may be a team that "plays VT well," beating them 22-3 last year. Still, VT on Thursday in Blacksburg...gotta take it.

Priapism Pickem Party said...

I'm on this bandwagon too, Towelie! VaTech!